I would love to hear your views on Author Rank.
(1) Authorship in Search – Google’s Reward to Great Authors- Google has been recently pushing authorship mark-ups to be included on websites, as they will be starting to highlight content creators in their search results. Matt Cutts also mentioned on an interview by Danny Sullivan that they’ll be using another site/content metric in gauging quality and importance of content through the reputation of its creator – which he called Author Rank.
(2) Google+ + +1 or Google Social and +1 Sharing – Google has rolled out some nice changes over the last few weeks, as an SEO and as a search user I have to say that I am really pleased and satisfied with their updates. So what are these updates I am talking about and what can we do with them? +1 Global ,Webmaster Tools and Analytics +1 Google+,Rel=”author” in search results
And I don’t count Page Rank update as one of the updates, if anyone wants to add I forgot about that in the comments. Of course this post is about sharing and social updates, we won’t talk about canonical headers and instant pages and other new updates like Google redesign
(3) 10 Things You Need To Know About WordPress 3.2- WordPress 3.2 will be released soon (at the time of this writing, it is in RC1 which essentially means it is done and being tested). This is an exciting release as it marks the first release that drops PHP 4 dependency. For years, WordPress has opted to play to the lowest common denominator while hosts have taken their sweet time arriving at PHP 5.Of course, this may mean nothing to you, depending on your technical knowledge of the underlying language. However, it has limited the amount of innovation that could be possible using the more modern version of PHP 5.
(4) Manage Team Online Efficiently With TeamWox - Starting and managing a company is not easy as you need to manage employees along with the services which you provide.To help in organizing and managing work in your company you should try TeamWox Groupware.TeamWox enables organizing management production inside a company and makes them more transparent while making decision process easy.
(5) How Google’s Panda Update Changed SEO Best Practices Forever – Whiteboard Friday - It’s here! Google has released Panda update 2.2, just as Matt Cutts said they would at SMX Advanced here in Seattle a couple of weeks ago. This time around, Google has – among other things – improved their ability to detect scraper sites and banish them from the SERPs. Of course, the Panda updates are changes to Google’s algorithm and are not merely manual reviews of sites in the index, so there is room for error (causing devastation for many legitimate webmasters and SEOs).
That is this week Round keep sending in those post you want to get feature here that is for this week edition of Round up. Please share your thoughts on this weeks post and the new Google social Networking site. Do you think Google +1 has a future?
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = (‘https:’ == document.location.protocol ? ‘https://ssl’ : ‘http://www’) + ‘.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
This entry was posted on July 26, 2011 at 1:00 pm and is filed under social media trend with tags michael phelps. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.